Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cone Trees


This beautiful tree came from "The Creativity Exchange" at http://www.thecreativityexchange.com/2010/12/fabric-covered-poster-board-christmas-tree-cones.html (be sure to read the bottom of this post)

 And this is my tree.  My first attempt.  I didn't have a poster board like she used so I tried using a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper.  Mine is Ok but it's not like hers.  I think the biggest difference and most important one is that hers is much taller and skinnier.  I didn't have a candle stick that I wanted to use for this project so I used a champagne flute.


I just finished making a few tree cones for my niece.  I think they turned out very pretty.

Read carefully the instructions on tutorial.  1.  after cutting the 2 inch strip from the poster board it says use another poster board.  Don't use the board you just cut the strip off of.  2.  cut four inches off the strip for the second height cone and then another 4 inches to get the measurement for the smallest cone.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment