Saturday, July 30, 2016

DIY magnetic tins for dorm room

As I discussed on a previous post, my daughter is headed off to college in a few weeks.  While we have purchased all the large items we think she will need, it is the small touches that will pull everything together.

I recently purchased magnetic tins and I didn't have a plan to do anything with them when I bought them.  As I sat and pondered how I could best use them, I realized these would be great for Nicole's dorm.  She will be able to attach these to her mini refrigerator!

What the original tin looked like:

Front with the clear top:      


Back with the large magnet:
                                   


I first covered the plastic lid with painters tape so I didn't get paint on it.  I then spray painted the tin with glossy gold.  The glittery gold is adhesive vinyl.  The circle is a little bit larger than 3 inches so that it slides in under the plastic and will stay there without extra tape. 




 A little vinyl around the bottom and I'm all done!



Now all I need to do is get the little packets of salt, pepper and sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment