Friday, January 2, 2015

DIY 5 minute pearl tree

I recently saw cute little trees on Pinterest and started looking at the "how to" videos on YouTube.  I thought, this can't be that hard to make but they seem very time consuming.  I only wanted a few to place with some of my Christmas decorations.  

It is a rainy day in Houston and I don't feel well enough to take down my Christmas decorations but I was in the mood to craft; something easy and not a big mess.  

I first started the afternoon by organizing my ribbon boxes.  That is, organizing the ribbon inside the boxes.  My step daughter and I pretty much went through all my ribbons and trim while making her homecoming mum and we left everything in quite a mess so I wanted to divide the homecoming stuff from my ribbon and trims.  In my box I found little pearl and silver picks left over from my wedding 5 years ago.  These looked exactly like what they were crafting on YouTube.  

Bouquet Jewels 11" Pearl Wires

11" Pearl Wire Stems $4.39 pkg/ 3 pkgs $3.79 pkg 12 per pkg. Regular price $5.99 pkg. 11 inch sturdy wire stems with 10mm white pearl tops. 12 pieces. Use to add sparkle to floral arrangements, bouquets, and wedding centerpieces. 


You can find these on the internet to order (I bought mine at Michaels).



I twisted the pieces together and then I had a little tree. They are cute, don't you think? And it took me less than 5 minutes to make.



Now I just have to decide where I am going to use them before I put my Christmas away.  Maybe I can use them for Valentines Day.  Hmmmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment