Saturday, October 18, 2014

Fall Decorations: glass vase with grapevine wreath and artificial leaves

I have this glass vase that is very large and I never really know what I want to put in it.  I finally decided I wanted to add some acorns and pine cones but after I added the grapevine wreath and leaves I decided I liked it as it was.





I bought a 5 inch wreath from Michael's and clipped the metal loop holding the wreath together.  First I thought I could just unwrap the wreath and place it in the vase but that didn't work so I filled the kitchen sink with hot water and soaked the wreath for about an hour. This made it pliable enough to bend and conform to the shape of the vase.  You will need to clip pieces of the wreath and work in layers. Next I added the leaves.  My leaves are fake, but of course you can use real ones.  In Houston, we don't get a large variety of colored leaves and being that it is October, nothing is changing yet.

I guess you could add lights, pine cones and acorns.  Pretty much anything as this gives you a base to work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment