Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pewter plates in the kitchen

I've been working on my kitchen for awhile now, not really knowing what I wanted to do or what I wanted to spend.  First choice, was spend as little as possible.  Second choice, was to do something different, something that was "me". 
I decided on a backsplash and ended up using my Cricut and black vinyl.  I think it turned out wonderful! 


 My next purchase will be trading out the white plate outlets and light switches with silver ones to match the chrome on my appliances.

I still haven't found the material I want for the curtain above my windows.  This is my before picture.

And this is the wall art I purchased at Walmart.  It cost me $11 which I didn't think was too bad.  I bought it because I wanted the spoon!


Not a great picture and I apologize for that!  

In keeping with the silver and black theme, I purchased pewter plates off of ebay.  Don't you just love ebay!!






I purchased disc hangars at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 each hoping they would work on these plates.  Unfortunately I wasted my money.  Not because of the product and quality but because these simply do not work on pewter.  Luckily I kept a close eye on them and realized they weren't going to work and took them down before they fell.

So this is what it looks like with the plates up.

No comments:

Post a Comment