Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014 Home Tour

I am very late in posting photos. It seems everything I've done this year has been rushed and nothing was as completed as I wanted and that included decorating.

This past summer I purchased two very heavy hand made wooden bookcases. I lined the top of the bookcases with garland and lights and added large and small ornaments purchased from Dollar Tree. My little color changing tree adds a bit of color to the top of the bookcase.




























Two grapevine deer peak out from the garland.


























Lanterns are so versatile and I've found that I can change them for each season with just a few knick knacks here and there.


The large vase is filled with ornaments my mother covered with crochet. These have become very fragile and I still want to display them so I added them to the vase with a little "snow".  Pardon the horse plate behind the jars.  It is over 100 years old and belonged to my grandmother.  I didn't want to take the chance of getting it broken so I left it hanging on the cabinet.




My cute little gold glitter tree and a photo of my beautiful two granddaughters.

Two big grapevine wreaths with red glittery bows adorn the front of my shelves.





Ceramic Mr and Mrs Claus that I made for my mother and dad many, many years ago.

I purchase a theme of ornaments each year and when my kids get married, they are given their ornaments for their first Christmas tree.  So far, only Shana has received hers.  I'm going to have to get a bigger tree to hold them all.

Cute little wooden trees made by my sister, Gayl.

I've fallen in love with silver, bronze and turquoise.  The rest of my house may be traditional Christmas colors, but my dining room is decked out with beautiful silver.












Thank you for taking the time to view my blog.  Please feel free to leave comments in the box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment